Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
Are those cannoli for dessert? Ends dipped in pistachio nuts - like the cannoli from Brocato's in New Orleans that I grew up with? Do the 'shells' stay crispy? I can't believe the FAs stuff them on the plane.
I cannot speak to them being like the cannoli from Brocato’s but yes, they were served as dessert and were quite tasty!
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by LouNanne
I cannot speak to them being like the cannoli from Brocato’s but yes, they were served as dessert and were quite tasty!
Crunchy/crispy shells?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by mot29
Crunchy/crispy shells?
yes; I generally do not like cannolis but I liked these. YMMV.
mot29 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
not even GEG-ATL

Originally Posted by FastZiggy
Grumbles, only Market and Bistro boxes offered in FC for GEG-MSP (1100 miles) at 6:45am today. Was (sadly) excited for a breakfast or something more than a snack box. Kudos for a PDB tho!!

Curious if this sounds like a mis-catered situation since breakfast was 'advertised'? At the very least want to ask DL the 'why' question and see what they say / throw any SMs my way. Was a paid upgrade FC seat to get my MQDs across the line for '22
Welcome to FlyerTalk.
IIRC, even GEG-ATL years ago was advertised as "breakfast," but just the snack basket then.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
Is there a 2023 thread yet?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by correction
Is there a 2023 thread yet?
Yes -- Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition
Unfortunately, a couple folks have posted to the 2022 thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.