FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:37 pm
2ptraveler

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Waitlist priority for all flights

1. United Global Services® requests
  2. PlusPoints upgrades and MileagePlus Upgrade Awards
  3. Premier status of the traveler*
  4. Fare class
  5. Chase United MileagePlus Club cardholders and Presidential Plus cardholders
  6. United Corporate Preferred participants
  7. United Chase Cardmembers with $25,000 in annual spending
  8. Date and time of request
Thanks (again). For some reason, I had in my mind that check -in/TOR made more difference.

Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Others have answered already. but in my opinion it's importance goes down as you have lower (or no level status). My gut feeling is the lower your status the less likely you're going to run into someone also at your status level and fare class also trying to upgrade where the tiebreaker would be meaningful (and that assumes there was no one with a higher status who didn't snatch the upgrade away already). As a GS/1K there is a decent chance it could break a tie in a meaningful way (certainly more so then the time of upgrade request that some people like to worry about ). And there are of course other reasons for having the card when you're flying that frequently (annual United club membership included in the annual fee, travel insurance benefit, additional savings on award tickets, etc).
Yea, I carry the Infinite Club Card anyway for all the reasons stated and more.

FWIW, at the risk of going a little off topic, I book 98% of my flights through corporate travel and the fare class seems to be all over the place with the prices only marginally less than a direct book. Perhaps that will change when the company moves to another TA post merger with 4x the employee pool. I'll make 1K pretty soon, probably the next billing cycle when I hit another spend threshold, or at the very latest my currently latest planned flight DEN-DUL 11-21 (man, haven't been through there in 10 years.)