FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 25, 2022, 1:56 pm
JIMCHI

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Just completed another stay here. Everything was excellent from check-in to check-out. The larger family section of the Regency Club is still closed until Nov.15th for "maintenance". This is causing the slightly smaller other club quite overcrowded and seats/tables are not always available. I was shocked and annoyed by several people each night who occupied tables and just sat there for extended periods just using their laptops, something they could do in their room rather than causing other guests to be turned away. Some people just have no sense of courtesy. I also noticed that anyone can access the 8th floor where the Club is- the elevator doesn't require key access to reach the 8th floor. We were entitled to access but we were never asked for our room number or key. Given the Club is overcrowded some control should be put in place. We had our usual Regency Suite Balcony, which is what a TSU gets you. It's not very large but it does have separate bedroom and parlor. We were fine with it.

The Club remains closed for breakfast but a huge buffet is offered in the Montague Restaurant. They will also make you omelets if you wish. If you don't qualify for complimentary breakfast, the charge is GBP 30 per person.

The "discretionary fee" was on my bill at checkout but I asked them to remove it and there was no issue- I seem to recall it was about GBP 8 per day but adds up if you're there for more than a day or two.

We used Heathrow Express both ways from LHR and then a taxi from Paddington to the hotel. The taxi fare from Paddington was about GBP 11 each way. Book the Heathrow Express online at least a month ahead and the discount is substantial- we paid about GBP 5 per person each way by buying online 5 weeks in advance.

Last edited by JIMCHI; Oct 27, 2022 at 9:17 pm