FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Boarding Process with WILMA now - Inconsistent process / PreBoarding issues
Old Oct 23, 2022, 10:56 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
...Cultural differences are one of the biggest factors. Americans board slower, because many have little or no concern for the back-up they're causing by lingering in the aisle. Rampant obesity doesn't help..
Not sure about the obesity part, but I would say it's more of an issue with confusion and general all-round idiocy than having little concern. People seem completely bewildered by the process of stepping on an airplane, finding their row, shoving a bag quickly in the overhead and sitting the heck down. When I'm in Y, based on my observation, it just comes down to completely cluelessness. Often included is the process of juggling multiple drinks, snacks, and other paraphernalia that should either be in the carry-on or not brought on board - seriously, you can't finish your Big Gulp in the terminal?

Deplaning is certainly much faster, but I've also seen people step up from their seat, then stare with confusion at their own bag sitting in the overhead appearing at a loss about what to do next.

Find me an airline where the flight attendants use cattle prods, and that is my new favorite way to fly.