FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Boarding Process with WILMA now - Inconsistent process / PreBoarding issues
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:22 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by fumje
Curious, I never saw that before, but the 'San Francisco' sign has Chinese as the second language. Did you notice if it rotates to Japanese?
I thought it should be シスコ or similar?

But the 1K lines have been there for ages, I remember seeing them since I started flying United from Tokyo, along with the gate agents who go out into the lines to filter who should be where, you know like they should be doing at every airport?

Last week I boarded 4 widebody flights operated by JAL, looking carefully at the amount of carry ons brought by each passenger, and noting no difference in carry on volume or size, but that we fully boarded a full 787 or 777 in about 20 minutes vs the 45+ minutes it takes on United.

Preparing people ahead of time and keeping them away from the boarding area until their priority is called certainly helps, but also passengers who don't wander down the aisle juggling two bags, a box of pizza, a cup of soda, two kids all while looking completely clueless also seems to help things move quicker.