FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer desk at SYD International
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:43 pm
CPMaverick

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Good info to share I noticed this when I flew into SYD last week (but I was transiting to a QF flight). Shame VA doesn't have their bus service, but especially if you have bigger bags it's a nice option to immediately check them.

Originally Posted by docbert
From catching the T-bus it's clear that most people don't know that the transfer desk exists - when I was there, almost everyone on the bus was carrying their checked luggage, despite the vast majority of it already being tagged to a destination beyond SYD. This significantly slowed down the boarding of the bus.
As for taking the T-bus with luggage, after seeing about 50 people in line for the QF domestic transfer, I decided to take my luggage on the T-bus. The T-bus was a large motor coach and the luggage went underneath. It didn't seem to delay the bus at all to load it. Not sure if that is the normal bus (certainly wasn't before Covid!). Took me 10 seconds to check my bag at the QF domestic terminal. I wouldn't even bother looking for the QF transfer next time based on that experience!