FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Oct 7, 2022, 2:41 pm
HiAperture

Programs: AA PPro
Hoping to make sure there are no lesser known *A tricks I am unaware of on the following booking.

Looking at PPT-SFO-SEA in economy for 3 passengers on UA April 2023. Can book through UA or AC programs. (10% transfer bonus from chase with AC due to CC holder and sitting on some to burn, vs slightly lower $ surcharge through UA).

No status with United, AC 25K (*A silver) status thx to Aeroplan Chase card, ANA Platinum (*A Gold) status thanks to match from AA PPro.

Any particular perks as to whether I should transfer points from Chase to UA or AC to book the flight for this booking, and to whether I use either of my *A Status member numbers on the booking for perks like free checked bags (kind of confusing on the *A website on this), preferred seating (I seem to recall I got for free on UA when crediting to AC earlier this year, but not E+), lounge access during layover (no Polaris but I should be able to get into the United Club with the Gold status regardless of which program I book/credit through)?

I would like to remain open have the best options to rebook into business if UA opens up space by some miracle, with the dynamic award prices am I going to have better options booking through UA to start (a long shot I know)? Lastly any difference in getting cash buy up offers if I book the redemption via UA or AC in the group's experience? I know I have gotten ToD buy up offers to First when traveling on UA redemption tickets domestically.

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance with these questions.