FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels & Resorts {US-NV}
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:26 am
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by DaveH
Thanks for all the helpful contributions to this thread! Would appreciate feedback on my situation.

Our first time RW stay is coming up this Saturday through Tuesday, To celebrate my dad's 85rh birthday, brother and I are taking him to the 4:30pm Saturday Notre Dame - BYU game. Saturday night is booked with my Aspire FNC; Sunday and Monday are booked as seperate FHR stays to use credits on two different amex platinum cards. All bookings are in my name. My first priority is keeping things as easy as possible on Dad--so no games swapping hotels or rooms, for example. Second priority is getting maximum value from these various programs, as costs will be entirely out of pocket. Accordingly, here are some questions:

1. What is the best way to combine these bookings, so they are treated as one? Diamond line says they can't do it, and advised me to call the property, which I couldn't reach today.

2. Is it worth trying to contact management before the weekend about our special occasion? If so, who have FTers had success reaching out to?

3. I'm gathering that as a Diamond, with these bookings, I can expect $33 x 2 (or is it $25 x2?) in credit each of the three days (good only at Dawg House), plus one (not two) FHR credit of $125 good at multiple places, plus breakfast credits on the two FHR nights (currently The Kitchen or is it Dawg House?). Apologies if I didn't track this correctly.

Would welcome any other feedback.
Mrs. Majuki and I had a similar stay, two separate bookings with the Aspire FNC for the first night followed by two nights via FHR. The Hilton credits can only be used at the Dawg House whereas the FHR credits can be used in more places (and the hotel will give you a list of exclusions). The breakfast benefit is in the Kitchen. When we checked out after the first night we were given the option of keeping the same room, so assuming there aren't any fancy upgrades you're given for the first night there shouldn't be any issue with keeping the same room. In our situation we elected to switch out the room because the first night we had a wheelchair accessible room with a roll in shower. I'd just have the reception make a note of it at check in. I wouldn't link the reservations as to avoid disrupting any FHR benefits. You also have the reservations in the right order as you'll get the 4 pm checkout on the FHR rate.