FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta cancelled - rebooked me on Star Alliance
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:31 am
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apl175
Thanks - I'll give it a few days and see if my SkyMiles post, before I start complaining.
Would EU261 apply if my original arrival time of ~12:35pm Pacific Time, turned in to a 4:05pm Pacific time arrival in the new routing that I flew?

I will constructively say that the United Polaris product I flew from FRA to SFO was very competitive with KLM business class. Not sure why the second-service Cheeseburger is a thing among American carriers. The bun is always crumbly and dry.... LH European business class from AMS to FRA was just the standard middle-seat blocked with a small plated snack. Shengen exit immigration at FRA was predictably mobbed, Business Class priority helped a bit to jump the queue - and I made it 10 minutes before scheduled, but UA ended up holding for an additional 35 minutes to allow connecting passengers to catch the flight. This netted only a 2-3 minute late arrival in SFO later that day.

Lots of warnings and text messages the night before to get to AMS four hours before departure (but ironically no MORE than four hours before) Ended up getting through security in about 40 minutes - which added to the crowd in the mediocre Aspire lounge. I did not have time to visit the lounge in FRA.
They won't post without you reaching out. You didn't actually fly the route so there's no mechanism for you to get credit automatically -- so you need to proactively reach out