FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Lounge Access - physical locations and rules (2022 onwards)
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:36 pm
Iranmehr

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (through United MileagePlus), DragonPass (through HSBC Jade)
Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
Pretty sure I am just adding more evidence to something that is already apparent.

Went to YVR-DOM MLL on September 28, 2022, at 11:30. I would describe it as at 150% of capacity. 100% of all sitting spaces were full and the rest of the lounge looked like a San Sebastian tapas bar with people standing and eating small bites off plates.

I walked out . . and took a seat in the sparsely setup Plaza Premium "lounge" at the top of the concourse stairs. At least I got a seat to myself and was served a drink . . . .
I've been to the YVR domestic MLL 3 times over the past month (September 8/11 and October 3) and there was a decent crowd, but I wouldn't say it was at capacity like the YUL domestic MLL, which has been at/over capacity during my visits earlier this year (April 26, May 19). My gripes with the YVR domestic lounge are that there's no business centre (unlike the MLL in Calgary/Edmonton where there are cubicles/desks) and the same poor hot food items seem to be served over and over again (cream of mushroom soup, chicken penne, slices of a pretty lousy flatbread, and some sweet/sour rice), which may have made me sick during my visits on September 8 and October 3 (and I like to think that I have a pretty strong stomach after habitually consuming street food in developing countries). Never had an issue with the two other YVR MLLs, but I'll be going to the Plaza Premium Lounge instead the next time I'm waiting in the YVR domestic terminal.

I can't help but notice that I walk right by the international MLL in YVR every time before getting to the USA preclearance area and the USA preclearance MLL. I saw the wiki pinned in this thread, but just to confirm, I would be turned away from the MLL in the international section of YVR if I am flying to the USA? I was tempted to stop there instead this past Friday if my connection to the USA (SFO) wasn't so tight. My last visit to the international MLL in YVR was in February 2020, when I was going from YYC-YVR-HND, and I stopped at the MLL in the domestic area, followed by the MLL in the international area with no problems (YVR to HND leg was with ANA, YYC to YVR with Air Canada).