FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR Polaris lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Old Oct 4, 2022, 2:41 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dimramon
An employee at the lounge must have read these reviews and said... hold my beer.
Got in around 8:15PM and asked to be put on the list for dinner. Sat at the table in front of the attendant, as I was told it would only be a few minutes.
Noticed other people were getting seated, so after 15 min, went back up to the attendant. She said she had been paging me and since I didnt respond, I was taken off the list.
She seated me within a few minutes.
Waited for a while and my order was taken at 8:50PM. My food showed up at 9:35PM. I was told the kitchen staff "had forgotten about it".

Afterwards, I went over to the main entrance area and before leaving, turned around since I had forgotten something. The guy sitting behind the desk yelled at me and said he needed to check me in, "since he hadn't seen me before". I told him I was already checked in and needed to retrieve something I forgot. He demanded I checked in with him since that was protocol... I showed him my boarding pass, and then he claimed I was breaching protocol and he was going to deny me access, and call the police. I went to retrieve my item anyways as he was yelling at me, and then left...

I seriously don't understand what's up with this place, especially compared to the experience I have had at some of the other lounges.
You need to write this in please - there is zero excuse, including "it's Newark".