FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London EDITION Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:05 am
ronliu1980

Originally Posted by itisme
I tried it last week and i am very unimpressed. No clue why people would pay 800+ for a basic room here. One of the smallest hotel rooms. Decent bed. Friendly staff. Creepy painting with woman staring at you all night. Upgraded from Queen to king bed room (titanium). No amenities in room tho (no bottle of water or anything).

What i'm suprised of the most tho: they use shampoo/conditioner/soap from bottles that you can literally open and put in whatever you want. Thought that was a HUGE safety issue? If this was the U.S. lets say vegas and someone peed in it or threw something else in it and next guest used it they would prob sue the hotel for not taking safety measures. There's so many fixes for this yet they leave it like that? For a hotel at that price range that seems very odd. Great you wanna be green and not use all the little bottles and all (which i still would expect at a place like this tho) but this doesnt seem right. I'm sure 99% people are good people but just need 1 drunk or crazy person to put other things in it ....
The warnings on the hand soap bottle i would also rather expect at a hostel and not at this kind of hotel. If you are so afraid guests will take it then lock it or use another solution...
I guess the price is worth it for people who like the location or who like to support 6 doorman standing around opening the door for you (they are great and friendly tho).

Also: if travelling with someone else. If you take a shower you WILL wake up the other person. It's the loudest noise. They use different method of plumbing (vacuum-based) so there will be a mega loud noise coming from the shower (and the toilet flush) all the time while you are using it.
Just when I thought this property cannot get any worse....