FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2022, 12:55 am
FlyingRVS

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by emiratesftw
Hi everyone, this Saturday will be my first time flying out of Schiphol since the chaos. I have SP but my partner does not, now this was never a problem before. However apparently, someone checks boarding passes for the SP banner after SP check in and before taking the stairs to the security. This might be a stupid idea, but could I not just add the red SP banner to my partner's boarding pass and get by the person checking BP's that way? The actual gate upstairs doesn't check for SP.
I guess (but can't confirm) this will work. I was in the same boat as you late last month, but instead of manipulating the boarding card I upgraded my SO to Economy Flex, which includes SP. I don't think that was necessary though, and looking back I would have done what you are now suggesting, because at the SP entrance staff only carry out a visual check (at least that is what I experienced myself). If they see the red SP logo, you're through. I will try it later this month when traveling to Riga with a travel partner without SP.

Let us know what you decide to do and if it worked out for you.