FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Pilot Strike Discussion Thread
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:16 pm
Jeff767

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Resigning and seeking better employment is exactly what 88.4% of the US population does if they are unhappy with their job. Union behavior is like constantly going back to a restaurant you hate and demanding they improve the quality of their food/service and at a better price too. The vast majority of the population would simply take their money elsewhere.

And pilots and flight attendants know what they are signing up for when they apply at the airlines. Missing holidays, life events, etc is just part of the job but they sure like to complain about it. If you want a family life then flying is definitely a career you should avoid. Don't blame the airline for missing your child's piano recital. You're the one who prioritized flying over family.

Dive welders, loggers, etc make excellent money as well. That doesn't mean I want the job. But I'm not prohibited from crying foul when they threaten to disrupt life for millions of people. You have your opinion and I have mine.
The issues at Delta are exactly what you pointed out. The pilots want the quality of life they had when they signed up for the job. The problem is not pay. It’s restoration of that quality of life. It’s good you support them in that goal.