FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Pilot Strike Discussion Thread
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:56 pm
readywhenyouare
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
Is your position that the only thing employees should be able to do if they don't like their treatment/compensation/etc. is quit?

If you think delta pilots are already way overpaid, why don't you go work as a Delta pilot? If it's not worth it to you, maybe they're not as overpaid as you claim...

Resigning and seeking better employment is exactly what 88.4% of the US population does if they are unhappy with their job. Union behavior is like constantly going back to a restaurant you hate and demanding they improve the quality of their food/service and at a better price too. The vast majority of the population would simply take their money elsewhere.

And pilots and flight attendants know what they are signing up for when they apply at the airlines. Missing holidays, life events, etc is just part of the job but they sure like to complain about it. If you want a family life then flying is definitely a career you should avoid. Don't blame the airline for missing your child's piano recital. You're the one who prioritized flying over family.

Dive welders, loggers, etc make excellent money as well. That doesn't mean I want the job. But I'm not prohibited from crying foul when they threaten to disrupt life for millions of people. You have your opinion and I have mine.