FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:33 am
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - I booked a pre-thanksgiving trip to PVR that has a return to JFK on 11/24 (after that obviously miles needed is much higher). If there's a chance closer to that date to perhaps delay the return to 11/26 or 27th and the app shows the same 10k mileage per seat, will Jetblue be able to change without penalty? I don't expect there will be availability since so many people like to return on Sat/Sun but just in case

Thanks
You should be able to change award bookings without penalty -- any taxes and fees will go into a Travel Bank but should be usable in <5 minutes (in rare cases up to 24 hours), and the points should redeposit immediately.

Notice how I say "should be" and not "will"... their website is notorious for not always working (though it has been improving). Worst case scenario is you call and wait on hold for a few hours, but this is how it's supposed to work and if you need an actual person to push things along they will be able to.

-J.