FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Sep 30, 2022, 12:53 pm
chitraveler1975

Old-school GS service for the win!

Well I’m happy to say at least today old-school Global Services service is alive and well! I was flying from Paris to Detroit via Dulles, and the Paris-Dulles flight was massively delayed and I would have missed my connection. No seats for sale to Newark or Chicago, but flight status showed they were not booked full. An amazing GS agent (she’s already got gold stars on the agent list!) called to try to get be booked and when unsuccessful told me she would email GS in Paris to clear me into one of the flights. I said I just need enough notice to get to the airport in time, so please have someone call me if it clears. Amazingly, I got my wake-up call at 6am to tell me to head to the airport as I was going home through Newark and they would be waiting at check-in with my boarding passes. Surely enough that is exactly what happened and I’m on my way home smoothly, comfortably and on-time. Above and beyond like old times. Wow!! Why I will continue to steer spend to United.