FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:03 pm
JimInOhio

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by RNE
I hope the flying public responds to this opportunity and that the subsidies aren't for naught. I further hope EI doesn't tout service to Ireland but instead Continental Europe. I still believe FI and WW did a disservice to themselves by touting Iceland as a destination instead of Continental Europe. I recall family and friends asking us, incredulously, "Why are you going to Iceland?" Answer: "Umm, we're going to Amsterdam actually."

RNE, itching to ask someone "Why are you going to New Jersey?" when they're connecting at EWR to Europe.

EDIT: Just saw this smart marketing on EI's website:

Cleveland's Connection to the UK and Europe

Experience seamless connections from Cleveland via Ireland to destinations across the United Kingdom and Continental Europe. Destinations include Amsterdam, Birmingham, Brussels, Donegal, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds-Bradford, London, Lyon, Manchester, Paris, Rome and Southampton.
Excellent news for the two people per year who want to travel from Cleveland to Donegal!