FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hello “Journeys That Matter” bye “We are Travelers”
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:34 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That does sound like a rather strict travel policy. Many companies are at that level though, but there are also many that has more generous rules. I know plenty of people in Denmark who fly J on longhaul, including on SK.
CEO levels are allowed according to one of the travel policy in his previous job, in the Biotech firm he worked for, staff can fly Y+ if they have injury/health issues that they can't bend their legs. He was only allowed to book something equivalent to HIX in China - I was able to find something better at a lower cost and he was able to argue his case for it. He said sales might have a different policy in that biotech firm he worked for.

The only time he was able to fly J was in his first job with a Styrelse, it was so awesome that he was able to break that ticket into 2 and I was able to go for free (once to LA and once to Melbourne). They changed to only Y just before he moved to private sector and it was around 2000.

One Telco he worked for refused to let people fly SK, so everything was DY, however they were initially given fast track at CPH but they stopped that after a while. Mr said bigger companies are usually more stingy about travel.