Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Hello “Journeys That Matter” bye “We are Travelers”

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello “Journeys That Matter” bye “We are Travelers”

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Talking Hello “Journeys That Matter” bye “We are Travelers”

So now SAS' focus market is leisure?? Isn't Norse/Norwegian & co beating their pants off in that segment?

SAS LAUNCHES NEW COMMUNICATION CONCEPT

September 19, 2022 15:35 “Journeys That Matter” is the name of SAS’ new communication concept, which is launched through a new advertising campaign today. The campaign highlights the importance of traveling and represents SAS’ first brand campaign since 2020.

The new communication concept is based on a new brand platform, which is being launched alongside an updated identity.

“We are Travelers” was introduced eight years ago and has proved to be extremely successful. A changed world has led to new travel patterns, which have seen the target group grow from primarily consisting of business travelers to include the expanding leisure market. The new communication concept speaks to this new, wider target group.

“Traveling gives us new perspectives, experiences and lifelong memories. The reasons why people travel are as diverse as the passengers who board each and every aircraft. Here at SAS, we know how important each journey is for our individual customers. That is why our employees do their very best to ensure that every aspect of the customer journey is as good as it possibly can be. Aviation plays a vital role for both individuals and society at large; something that we want to emphasize,” says Karin Nyman, Director of Communications at SAS.

Together with the brand and design agency Bold, SAS has revised and updated its visual identity. The distinct core has been retained, and new warm and personal elements have been added. People are given a more prominent place in in the new image style.

SAS has worked with Ĺkestam Holst, Bold and The North Alliance since 2013.

“It is a privilege to be part of SAS’ continued journey and yet again revitalize one of Scandinavia’s most iconic brands. SAS is The North Alliance’s founding client and we have been working together for many years to create exponential value for both the brand and the company, with the concept and identity demonstrably playing a vital role. It is now time to repeat the process, although both market and the outside world have changed,” says Jenny Kaiser, CEO of Ĺkestam Holst NoA.

“Our goal has been to create a strong emotional bond between SAS and its travelers, and an identity which with strong recognition signals quality, care and warmth. In addition to visual components such as a new, specially developed font, colors, images, and layout system, we have also developed new concepts for motion and sound. We are extremely proud of our almost ten-year partnership with SAS and the fact that we have once again been entrusted with renewing their brand,” says Oskar Lübeck, founder and Chief Creative Officer at Bold.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The ad is even absurder... except for the elderly couple at the beach I don't think SAS flies to any of the featured locations:

Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Maybe they can get to all those places by flying with SAS points and then making their way by ground transport means.

SAS as the “businessman’s airline” isn’t just that? Well, maybe it is more on Tuesday to Thursday than on the other days.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
SAS can never make up their minds who their main customers are. They are almost like LCC especially their CS.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
So now SAS' focus market is leisure?? Isn't Norse/Norwegian & co beating their pants off in that segment?
Hasn't it actually been leisure for a long while, especially in the campaign material?

It is probably the market you want to target with advertising at the moment, as you need to get people out of their homes and in to the planes again. And also in to your planes. Business travel is not really sparked by campaigns anyway, and it is not like SK has super glamourous cabins to do SQ/QR style premium class advertising. So it kind of makes sense.

But if I look at what comes in my inbox these days from QR, SQ, JL, NH it is basically all leisure oriented. It is around exciting trips and destinations.

We can then discuss if SK has the pricing, the product, and the routes to be efficient in this segment, but they actually don't need to have it, they just need to convince people that they do have it. That's what marketing is for....
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Its odd as I spend zero time flying to leisure or tropical destinations. The people around me might do that once a year. SK would stand a lot more to benefit from capturing all my non-SK flying though that would require more than marketing.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The business segment is almost gone. Mr's current employer states very clearly in their travel policy that they have to pick the cheapest flight, and he can't chip in the difference to take a different airline. I guess there's some point in SAS targeting leisure travellers, but the problem is can they compete with LCC? Especially when LCCs do have staff at outstations to take care of IRROPs, and why would anyone pay extra to choose SAS?

That explains the gate agent at HKG told me that there are often more elites than nobodies between CPH and HKG.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by nacho
The business segment is almost gone. Mr's current employer states very clearly in their travel policy that they have to pick the cheapest flight, and he can't chip in the difference to take a different airline.
Just follow the rules, ours tried the same so I took the cheapest as they said. 19 hours from ARN to Barcelona. I charged them for the travel hours too.

I stayed in a nice hotel near the airport on the stopover and the taxi to and from.

Always follow the rules.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nussle
Just follow the rules, ours tried the same so I took the cheapest as they said. 19 hours from ARN to Barcelona. I charged them for the travel hours too.

I stayed in a nice hotel near the airport on the stopover and the taxi to and from.

Always follow the rules.

You can do that if you are a consultant, the problem is that Mr is just a regular employee, so if it takes him 19h from ARN to BCN it means time away from me and the kids.

Oh the corporate travel policy also stated very clearly that no taxi, with the exception that you can take a taxi to the nearest train station in DK, when abroad where the cost is lower they are allowed to take a taxi.

It's 7 pages long with rules with details and examples.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

You can do that if you are a consultant, the problem is that Mr is just a regular employee, so if it takes him 19h from ARN to BCN it means time away from me and the kids.

Oh the corporate travel policy also stated very clearly that no taxi, with the exception that you can take a taxi to the nearest train station in DK, when abroad where the cost is lower they are allowed to take a taxi.

That does sound like a rather strict travel policy. Many companies are at that level though, but there are also many that has more generous rules. I know plenty of people in Denmark who fly J on longhaul, including on SK.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: SJ, SAS, DL
Someone should really tell the marketing department that they have a new slogan - see the end of today's Senaste nytt frĺn SAS inför hösten email (SE).

"Senaste nytt frĺn SAS inför hösten" email 27 September 2022
x
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That does sound like a rather strict travel policy. Many companies are at that level though, but there are also many that has more generous rules. I know plenty of people in Denmark who fly J on longhaul, including on SK.
CEO levels are allowed according to one of the travel policy in his previous job, in the Biotech firm he worked for, staff can fly Y+ if they have injury/health issues that they can't bend their legs. He was only allowed to book something equivalent to HIX in China - I was able to find something better at a lower cost and he was able to argue his case for it. He said sales might have a different policy in that biotech firm he worked for.

The only time he was able to fly J was in his first job with a Styrelse, it was so awesome that he was able to break that ticket into 2 and I was able to go for free (once to LA and once to Melbourne). They changed to only Y just before he moved to private sector and it was around 2000.

One Telco he worked for refused to let people fly SK, so everything was DY, however they were initially given fast track at CPH but they stopped that after a while. Mr said bigger companies are usually more stingy about travel.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:57 pm

I am not a consultant and I have also wife and kids in Sweden. I dont know if it would work with your company but it certainly did with ours. 19 hours from ARN to Barcelona concentrated minds enough to make it obvious that this kind of travel policy was not in anybody best interests.

Always follow the rules, always. It does not matter how stupid they are follow the rules.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nussle
I am not a consultant and I have also wife and kids in Sweden. I dont know if it would work with your company but it certainly did with ours. 19 hours from ARN to Barcelona concentrated minds enough to make it obvious that this kind of travel policy was not in anybody best interests.

Always follow the rules, always. It does not matter how stupid they are follow the rules.
Some companies have the "lowest cost logical connection" rules. Meaning a 19 hour intra Europe flight would not be forced. But could possibly be selected. Concur (as much as I hate the bloody thing) can be configured exclude unusual connections like that. But it would all be based on how management decides to punish the travelling staff....
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Some companies have the "lowest cost logical connection" rules. Meaning a 19 hour intra Europe flight would not be forced. But could possibly be selected. Concur (as much as I hate the bloody thing) can be configured exclude unusual connections like that. But it would all be based on how management decides to punish the travelling staff....
To be honest I was being Maliciously compliant to prove a point, but I was also following the rules. I enjoyed my 19 hour flight to barcelona and have never been asked to comply again. I will always try to find the most cost logical flight but sometimes you have to make a stand against stupidity and this was one of those times. I tried to book a 72 hour flight to Milwaukee and this was agreed to be the end of the subject.

While I dont know Nacho situation I suggest that perhaps sometimes you have to play the companies at their own games although it can also be a case of "pick your battles"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.