FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - C1 Venture X Priority Pass and Plaza Premium lounge access
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:27 pm
lowfareair

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer

Also looks like there are quite a few lounges for Amex and not Venture X and vice versa; most notably the Capital One agreement does not cover the PVG or SHA lounges (although almost all of those lounges are on Priority Pass).
Weird to me that is the case; I would have expected the agreements Plaza has with Amex/C1 to mirror each other. The fact that each has some the other doesn't suggests it is a reason other than price...

Would not be surprised at some point in the not to distant future that Amex will leave Priority Pass, which would make the Venture X card that much more valuable.
I would be surprised if this happens. There are way too many lounges in Priority Pass for Amex to pull out, especially in places Americans in the Amex Plat's US target market tend to go. Most of continental Europe's lounges would disappear (CDG, VCE, MAD, BCN, LIS, OPO, NCE, VIE, PRG, ZRH, just to name a few), as well as Asia (HND except flying DL, NRT, ICN, BKK, etc), and other big places upper-middle-class and higher Americans fly out of or through (IST, DOH, DPS, MLE, CPT, NBO, HNL, SCL, LIM, PUJ, SJU, etc etc). I can't see Amex negotiating with all these lounges separately; the overhead of doing so seems well worth paying Priority Pass their $3-5/person markup over what they'd pay the lounge directly.

IF Amex were to drop Priority Pass, we'd know well ahead of time as Amex will need to have contracts with a decent number of lounges in the above airports in order to do so. If we start seeing large swaths of Priority Pass' lounges start accepting an Amex card for access without processing the transaction through the PP network, then I would expect the PP affiliation to go away at some point.

Last edited by mia; Sep 26, 2022 at 4:04 pm Reason: Formatting