FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SQ Schedule Change - Possible to rebook to different destination city
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:27 pm
Rumples

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K \\ ConciergeKey
Originally Posted by prat257
Hi SQ flyers,

I received notification about a schedule change which now has me reaching the destination about 1 hour 25 minutes past the original time. The departing flight is also leaving 10 minutes earlier now so all in, the layover has significantly increased as well. This puts me in a weird spot as I have a separately booked connection on Delta within 70 minutes of arrival (impossible to do immigration and bag re-check at SFO). My final destination is SEA so I was wondering if anyone has had success changing destination airport in same country for such schedule changes? I would very well prefer to arrive at SEA direct instead of SFO, even though it would mean an overnight layover in SIN. This is on a saver cash business fare if that makes any difference.
Would appreciate if anyone has any data points to share on this.
for a fee, im sure you can change the destination city. maybe no fee, depending on the seats open, etc, repricing the ticket, etc.

But note that they don’t owe you anything - your separate ticket with DL is not protected as you bought it on your own and not as one itin.

what about…just cancelling your DL flight from SFO to SEA and buying another for a time that works instead of you overnighting in SIN?