FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:01 pm
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by john2003
I might as well do my upgrade request now as suggested.
i did try to cancel my request when I saw there was only one seat left. For some reason it didn’t happen. Probably me as I was a bit stressed as our connecting flight was very late.
It doesn't always work online anyway, or perhaps the issue was you were too close to then flight. An agent can definitely do it, so if that's what you're trying to do, best to talk to someone.

I understand some of the issues but clearly not well enough. Not being able to merge the files back seems to be a key obstacle.
Unfortunately this is another fundamental problem with the way the back ends of these systems are built. AC, UA, WS, I don't think anyone can actually merge a PNR. Amadeus (what AC uses) allows them to be linked, which does actually convey some useful benefits, although sadly not the ability to eUp someone.