FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:50 am
AnttiV

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flayum
Can confirm that. Staying over holidays (Dec 22-27) and was told there weren't any cash upgrades available when I reached out last February. I do remember someone staying at the same peak time as me was offered an upgrade from the generic OWV to a more defined tier of OWV for a few hundred a night, but they had reached out much earlier than I had.
Pretty much similar experience, booked OWV on points in Feb for Dec 21-26 and emailed the resort about cash upgrade and got the following reply:

"Further to your request, as an all villas an suites only exclusive resort, complimentary upgrade or suite night awards do not apply at our property. our Villa rats are entirely dynamic and changes without prior notice hence we are regretfully unable to share a cash supplement in advance however should there be any availability on arrival, we will be happy to offer a preferential cash supplement for your kind consideration."

Seeing half of FT is staying there during the holidays I don't hold my breath scoring any sort of upgrade, paid or not.