FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2022, 10:25 pm
jamar

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by BubbaX
The "Airport Ibis" is some distance from the airport, and, the last I checked (7 years ago), the shuttle is of the omnibus sort. If you've got Accor points to burn, I suggest looking at the Novotel in Hoofdorp (the cluster of buildings off to your left on short final to the Kaagbaan 06) or the Mercure by Amsterdam Sloterdijk. Both are 100m from the train that goes straight to Schiphol in 5-7 minutes, more regular and faster than the shuttle. The Mercure has the restaurant/bar on the top floor. Prices between them and the Ibis fluctuate.
That was the piece of the puzzle I was missing. Amsterdam Sloterdijk has a warning on the NS site about construction work planned during those days and for some reason I just assumed that would mean similar levels of disruption as Schiphol itself. I didn't know about Hoofddorp though, no alerts thereso I'll probably go with the Novotel there. Check in, bedtime, up in the morning to head back to the airport and hope I can get into the one remaining non-Schengen Diner's lounge for breakfast (since apparently the BA lounge has closed and no one at Diner's Club bothered to update their website).