FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Flagship Suites coming to 77W, 789 & 321XLR; 3-class F and 321T sub-fleet to go
Old Sep 20, 2022, 4:18 pm
Ghoulish
Suspended

Originally Posted by Antarius
Well, it isn't. I trust my own eyes perfectly well in this case.

Bingo. Doors are just like any "enhancement" that AA trots out, a little window dressing and they take something more important away.

The new doored suites on many airlines are step backwards in space and comfort from their previous seats.
Confort is an entirely different issue. I'm addressing the additional privacy offered.

I don't know what substandard seats with doors you're flying, but please, tell us, which doored configuration allows you an equally clear view of fellow passengers across that cabin equal to seats without them? ANA? Qatar? I think it'll be quite a revelation when you reveal which config allows you as clear a view at your fellow passengers that closed door cabins do. To claim there's no more privacy with doors is absurd on its face, despite the peanut gallery, many of whom are chiming in without apparently ever experiencing the product.

I'm 6' 3" and the view of fellow passengers across the cabin is significantly hindered by the doors, sitting or standing, what are you, 6' 8" and flying a mystery carrier with clear doors?