FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holding the last flights of the day - Experiences?
Old Sep 20, 2022, 2:00 pm
Rob562

Originally Posted by Rob562
Kinda wishing they *had* held our BWI-BOS plane last week...

We were returning home to BOS from SDF last Monday 9/12, with about an 80-minute connection at BWI to the last flight of the day. We pushed back at SDF pretty much on-time, but then ran into a weather-related ground stop at BWI so we weren't allowed to take off. After about 25 minutes parked off to the side, we returned to a gate so people could use bathroom, FAs could pass out snacks, etcWe eventually departed over an hour late. When we got to BWI, by the time we deplaned and piwer-walked from C gates to B gates, plane was gone. It had left on-time, we arrived probably 4 minutes after departure time.

First two flights the next day were full, didn't have space until 2:15pm. Got ourselves a hotel, and both had to take an extra vacation day

I've emailed Southwest to express my thoughts on the situation. I know they're not obligated to do anything because the delay was weather-based, but I figured I'd see if they offer any kind of goodwill gesture. It kinda sucks that we were delayed because of the weather at the connecting airport, but the other flight was able to land, turn around and leave on-time.

-Rob
Update: Heard back from Southwest, they're issuing a $150 LUV Voucher.

-Rob