FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada eUpgrade program (October 2020 onwards) [read wiki BEFORE asking question]
Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:23 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Okay, I'm going to throw this into the wiki right after I hit reply.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Originally Posted by w_jason
So award tickets issued by UA miles will be AC Standard Reward tickets which require eUpgrade credits+copay?
From Derek Whitworth a while ago:
Regarding eUpgrades on partner-issued flight rewards with Air Canada ... – upgrades are not permitted on those bookings
They're not any AC fare brand. They're just X class.

You can upgrade any Aeroplan booking. You're not making an Aeroplan booking, you're making "a flight reward with Air Canada [segments]"
An update on this:
I can now confirm that in the "fare" part of upgrade priority, brand is more important than class.

Comfort S beats Flex M.
Premium Economy Flexible A beats Premium Economy Lowest O (this is easier to experience with Aeroplan bookings, but I have seen some interesting published cash fares that could replicate this).

I've updated the wiki.

Edit: I should also point out that this applies based on booked fare, regardless of confirmed cabin. If you're flying YWG-YYZ-LHR on a PY fare, confirmed in Y on YWG-YYZ, your upgrade priority is as if you were in PY, meaning you're top of the list.
As another example, I booked a J reward, mixed cabin. I requested an eUpgrade on the segment in Y. I ranked not only below all the people in PY, but also below same-status people booked in Y. So this is weirdly inconsistent.

Well my note said I would not have considered adding them for the one trip they would be taking if I thought it would be 11 months, especially with my hundreds of eUps, so I really hope they reset it.
​​​​​​​
As a follow-up, they did reset my nominee. They also agreed the website was wrong with the date it showed.

Last edited by canadiancow; Sep 18, 2022 at 11:31 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same poster ;)