FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated EWR connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:49 am
makrxx

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Not necessarily on the concourse switch. Inbound flights from HNL generally use C2 or C3, both concourses can handle widebodies, so both inbound and outbound can be in the same concourse. Regardless, all concourses at Terminal C are connected and behind security, unlike other terminals at EWR.

Also, I don't know what you mean by morning outbound LHR flights will depart from Terminal C. Redeyes use Terminal C as well. If you are thinking of Terminal B, that is for INTL arrival only for UA. UA does not use Terminal B for departures; all arrivals there would be towed away.
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
My comment about the morning LHR flight was just to differentiate between the flight makrxx is actually going to take vs the other evening flights, that's all.
Regarding the concourse switch - I see that yesterday's EWR-HNL arrived at C2 but today's EWR-LHR day flight departed from C1. I don't have historical data but a concourse change seems likely.
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
Long travel day!

Baggage will be checked through. The morning LHR flight will depart from the same terminal the HNL flight arrives from, C. As HNL-EWR is domestic, you will be able to walk from one gate to another and will do the document check at the LHR gate. You will likely need to switch C concourses though, won't be longer than a 10-15 minute walk between gates max.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
HNL- EWR-LHR is about yearly for me. Don’t about specific concourses - the gate situation for a HNL arrival can be very fluid. I’ve seen it it change 2-3 time in day(s) before arrival. The important thing is that HNL arrival and LHR departure will both be into and out of a C gate, and both post-security in same terminal. Anyone saying they know what gate/concourse a HNL flight will go into is just guessing.
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
So true -- I frequently have gates that change even AFTER we land at EWR (and of course many other airports) -- it all depends on what is going on that day / hour / minute...
Originally Posted by DELee
If both flights are UA, your baggage will be checked through. There is sufficient time for the connection assuming that your HNL-EWR flight isn't held or slowed down due to congestion on the EWR end.

David
Thanks everyone, good to hear. Hopefully it'll be on time so I can pop into United Club for a quick shower and food.