FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated EWR connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:25 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Seems very YMMV.
Last few times I attempted entry at Terminal A, it went great. Pre-Check lane open, no line, less than 5 minutes and I was in the United Club.

When dropping off a rental car, going all the way to C, just to take the bus back to A, eats up a lot of time.

Agree with you. Can't wait til the new terminal is open.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Fortunately, I have never gotten stuck without TSA Pre (lite or full) in a few years now ex-EWR Terminal A.

I am confused about your car rental dropoff note. Car rental is by P3, closer to Terminal A. Why would you need to go to Terminal C? Or are you going to C and taking the airside bus back to A?
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I think that was his point -- going all the way to C -- then back to A -- doesn't make sense sometimes -- especially when dropping off a rental car....
Yeah, that was my point. For a while, when Terminal A was consistently crap, I would take the time hit and go to C to clear security, then back to A on the bus.
It was probably quicker to wait thru the line at A, but seemed so much more stressful.