FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:39 am
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dss
Would be grateful for feedback. We are flying on 4 award tickets from BKK to SFO via NRT on Jan 6th. This is our routing:
Thai Airways TG 676 departs BKK 8am, arrives 3:50pm into NRT. - Economy
Connecting to
United 838 Departing NRT at 4:45pm arriving SFO at 9:10am - Polaris Business

With the retimed schedule, they pulled in UA838 ten minutes, making it a very tight (illegal?) 55min connection. This is my first time in NRT but I can't imagine 55m is enough time to make that connection?
The only reasonable alternative I could find was ANA NH806 that departs BKK at 7:10am and allows for a proper layover. It's also the first natural routing that comes up on United's website for a revenue ticket.

So, I called United today to try and shift flights. Long story short, they are insisting that they can only change me to flights with mileage availability, leaving me with little/no options unless I want to meaningfully change my routing by adding cities and/or dates. I think UA putting me on the ANA flight is a very reasonable option but they won't budge as they are insisting there has to be mileage inventory open. I'm considering just leaving the reservation alone and if I misconnect, then it's on United to put me up in Tokyo overnight but I doubt they will have 4 Polaris seats available the following day?

I'm a bit stuck here and would be grateful for any insight or perspective from this group. Thanks in advance.
Did you purchase your award tickets with this sale? https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-scl-dead.html

If your NRT-SFO is in JN space, you can ask for BKK-SIN-SFO, where SIN-SFO is on UA. UA may put you in economy for BkK-SIN (either TG or SQ) flight. If your NRT-SFO is in I/IN space, it will be more difficult to change to Bkk-SIN-SFO.
Good luck.