Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist

Business Class awards from US to BKK (and beyond) for 60,000 points. Must include Thai Airways as the second carrier into and through BKK. Is this new?
Fairly easy to continue on to Phuket. A bit more difficult to find KUL or CGK but those are available in January for example.
I've ticketed two trips - NYC through FRA the other via LHR/CPH

Last edited by edsh; Apr 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by edsh
Business Class awards from US to BKK (and beyond) for 60,000 points. Must include Thai Airways as the second carrier into and through BKK. Is this new?
You're seeing J awards to BKK? Are you sure they're not mixed cabin? If for real,
(a) they've been very hard to find;
(b) that pricing is way low - it's been 90k or more for sometime.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I'm seeing 60K from Bangkok to North America as well. I tried booking one online but I was having issues with inputting the passengers for some reason so I called the 1K desk and they were able to book it no problem. The agent only commented on it being a good deal but that was it. I booked BKK-HND-ORD-YYZ (TG-UA-UA) all in business for 4 passengers. in August. The same itinerary was there yesterday for 99K per passenger.

Kacee is right that there is not much availability. This has been true when it was the usual 99K so if you hunt around and are not looking for too many passengers you can probably find something. Just be careful as the first leg from BKK is often only in economy.

Last edited by gspurr; Apr 15, 2022 at 3:33 pm
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
I can see it too. Just did a dummy search for June. ORF-IAD-FRA-BKK. UA/UA/TG with normal connections and business (and UA domestic F) the whole way.

Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:32 pm

If you do book this and are connecting through Tokyo be sure to avoid tickets that have you transiting between the two airports (HND and NRT). Japan doesn't look to be opening up anytime soon and transiting between airports is currently not allowed.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
This is really interesting because it's showing availability in JN on a UA TALT flight (IAD-FRA) I've been trying to book for a couple months.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gspurr
If you do book this and are connecting through Tokyo be sure to avoid tickets that have you transiting between the two airports (HND and NRT). Japan doesn't look to be opening up anytime soon and transiting between airports is currently not allowed.
Yeah it's kind of ridiculous these are even offered (JL offers them as well).
SPN Lifer and gspurr like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by mpw81
This is really interesting because it's showing availability in JN on a UA TALT flight (IAD-FRA) I've been trying to book for a couple months.
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well as the fare codes for the United legs of my itinerary are both JN.

Last edited by gspurr; Apr 15, 2022 at 3:46 pm
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:38 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Thank OP! Saved 39k miles. Booked into JN on the TPAC and domestic segment too…
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:56 pm

People are actually having this ticket?

I have ORF-IAD-MUC awards booked with an LH leg at 77k miles and ORF-IAD-FRA-BKK is available for 60k but I'm obviously hesistant to cancel those and rebook @ 60k in case it doesn't hold up. Awards aren't currently flowing through to other partners like AC.

While saving 17k a ticket is nice, I'd also much rather be on the IAD-FRA leg on UA in Polaris.

Last edited by mpw81; Apr 15, 2022 at 3:58 pm Reason: additional context
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:58 pm

I have ORF-IAD-MUC awards booked with an LH leg at 77k miles and ORF-IAD-FRA-BKK is available for 60k but I'm obviously hesistant to cancel those and rebook @ 60k in case it doesn't hold up.
I wouldn't change to save 17k.
Awards aren't currently flowing through to other partners like AC.
And they won't, since this is booking into JN.
nomad420 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I wouldn't change to save 17k.

And they won't, since this is booking into JN.

Good point on JN. If they haven't "fixed" this by tomorrow morning, I'll consider making the switch for better timing and Polaris seats. This is too big of a trip to fiddle around with
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
These are all through Europe (MUC or FRA). Nothing via an Asian connection. Be carful, TG changing lots or flights lately. I had connection in NRT move 3 hours prior to arrival from SFO - really looking forward to UA time travel. No solutions available at the time (no overnighting in Japan remember) ended up cancelling and going another direction.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by LimeySD
These are all through Europe (MUC or FRA). Nothing via an Asian connection. Be carful, TG changing lots or flights lately. I had connection in NRT move 3 hours prior to arrival from SFO - really looking forward to UA time travel. No solutions available at the time (no overnighting in Japan remember) ended up cancelling and going another direction.
They offered through Asia and Europe (and not just MUC or FRA). It's considerably harder to find J on the onward flight via NRT/HND.

I was getting excited about these, but then reminded myself that JL is only 65k via AS. And that I'm not really interested in flying TG.
MatthewLAX and LimeySD like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Out of Honolulu:
UA to GUM (773ER), then to Osaka, Manila, or Tokyo on UA (737s), then to BKK on Thai. All 3 options require overnight somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.