FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking award travel for another person — exp benefits?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:58 pm
wrp96
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by enviroian
Mom has no status. You could put a dreamliner and a CR2 in front of my mom and she wouldn't know which is which.

anyway if I had the miles I would have booked J but I only had 110K miles. I booked the itinerary in fact lhr-ord-dtw because this itinerary gets her roughly into dtw the same time I arrive from Dallas and I will have a rental car so it made logistical sense.
She has almost three hours to kill at ORD which is just fine by me and gives her time. I honestly couldn't recall whether or not at sometime in my past did I connect from Int'l to domestic there. She'll have luggage so I don't think she's going to be able to trek up to the sky train over to T3.

Recommendations?
At ORD after she's cleared customs, she'll drop her bag at the baggage recheck desk at T5, then she can take the train over to T3 and clear security there. Even if for some strange reason she couldn't drop her bags off at the bag recheck desk at T3, she can take the bags on the train over to T3.