FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shortening reservation after rate increase
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:39 am
Seagull689

Originally Posted by Matt4200
To Hyatt it’s the same thing -

X Rate was offer let’s say in March so you booked under X rate. Since March the rate changed 8 times. The current rate is X + $82.

Shortening a reservation requires rebooking, which means you’d get the current rate which is X + $82 per night.

Neither Hyatt Corporate nor Twitter, nor your Concierge can do what you asked, because it’s not Hyatt’s policy.

In your case the hotel was nice enough to adjust the stay to one less night. My guess is because it was Hyatt Regency La Jolla which is one of the worst San Diego properties, it definitely does not deserve a Category 3 designation. I would much rather stay at the Hyatt House Sorrento Mesa (same category and typically lower cash rates, or The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay which also has similar cash rates and is also a Category 3). We travel to San Diego pretty frequently (we have family in Oceanside but we stay in the Gaslamp when visiting).

Anyways be thankful the hotel went above and beyond. Also, try Bronx Pizza (really close to your hotel it’s the Best is SD) and definitely get Phil’s BBQ both I’d highly give my stamp of approval.
based on your frequent travels to area, what are your thoughts on all the hotels ?

mission pacific/the seabird?
are alila marea and park Hyatt worth the “splurge” for points (I’d never pay those cash rates)?

why Hyatt house over hr La Jolla? Last time I stayed at that Hyatt house I thought it felt quite dated, plus I’ll take a Hyatt regency globalist breakfast over any Hyatt place/house..

hp Carlsbad.. I’ll stay there only when it is convenient based on location

never stayed at hr mission bay.. how is it compared to the other hotels north or south?

stayed at grand Hyatt, and felt positive. TripAdvisor, flyertalk, etc seem quite positive as well, with Andaz being a mixed bag. Between these two grand hyatt is the clear favorite in my mind, even if I have to pay a bit more cash.