FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:32 am
bzcat

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bzcat
AA ticketed LAX-PHL-ZRH with layover time of 37 min at PHL.

Am I going to make it? I will probably just have 1 carryon luggage. I'm thinking this may be problematic if I have to switch terminal.

AA608 LAX-PHL arrive 6:52 PM (Flightaware says average delay of 40min to 1 hour)
AA92 PHL-ZRH depart 7:29 PM

It was booked by a bot that work made me use... I wouldn't have booked it like this myself
I figure I post an update in case anyone reads this thread in the future...

Inbound AA608 arrived 5 min early. I got the AA app notification that boarding started on AA92 while we were on final approach to PHL.

I was in F on inbound flight so got off the plane right away. Arrival gate was B7 and departure gate was A23... if you know PHL, you know that is the end of B and A West piers... in another word, it is a pretty long walk which I did it in about 15 min.

Reached A23 as they were boarding Group 6 and the flight actually pushed back on time. I only had carry on so I wasn't worried about luggage but chances are if I had checked bags it wouldn't have made it because I saw that the cargo doors already closed on the 787 when I walked up to the gate.

I had good weather at both ends and no flight delays - basically everything that had to happen for me to make the connection happened. But I wouldn't recommend it for any novice or nervous fliers.