FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Recent Allegiant Experiences ????
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2022, 10:12 pm
gpicur

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile G4 PGD-CVG

HI ALL ALLEGIANT FLYERS,

Just a quick Trip Report for my PGD-CVG trip on 8/16. I cannot over emphasize the convenience of the PGD airport, especially when traveling out of Venice, FL. It seems that Venice to PGD by car is way faster than SRQ. Is there any chance Allegiant would start service into the Venice, FL airport ?? TSA Security at PGD was a breeze and they do have TSA PRE lanes. No lounges at PGD but there are plenty of places to sit and there are some food/beverage vendors. Boarding at PGD was efficient and without issues. The A320 aircraft for the PGD-CVG flight was clean and the crew was friendly. This flight was nearly completely full but I ended up with a window seat with an empty middle seat next to me. Not surprisingly, the seat quality sucked just as bad as the seat on my CVG-PGD flight, however it was bearable for the 2 hour flight. This flight arrived about 20 minutes early in to CVG. CVG airport was as a Ghost Town and I found my car in the Parking Garage and was out of the airport in a few minutes. The parking fees at CVG were almost the same as the round trip airfare that I paid Allegiant. The only other complaint I have with Allegiant is there completely dysfunctional website. I tried to buy and upgrade at check in and after 12 tries, I gave up. In addition, I have yet to complete a purchase at the Website using my Amex Card.

Boarding at PGD, 8/16/22