FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Internet Checkin features
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2004, 2:32 am
MovieMan

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by Savage25
Update...there was a VIP passenger (or passengers) on my originating flight SQ67 from BKK on Friday and there was extra security on this flight...they made everyone open their checkin luggage as well for a hand check. It seems they disabled online checkin for this flight for the same reason...not sure how that affects security though.
I flew SQ64 SIN-BKK on Tuesday and had to undergo the same process. Actually got a call on Monday from SQ asking me to check in 2 1/2 hours before the flight. Check in was only at the row used for SQ 20/22 (the nonstop LAX/EWR flights), and all check-in and carry-on luggage was hand-inspected. Laptops and all electronic equipment needed to be taken out of the carry-ons and go through x-rays separately, and they even hand inspected my wallet. I also noticed the security personnel on the plane, as well as a small delegation of well-dressed people who sat in Y but moved up to the front of the plane prior to landing. Wonder who the VIP was?

However, I actually was able to check in for the flight online the day before, so at least for that flight it wasn't disabled.