Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Internet Checkin features

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2004, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Thumbs up New Internet Checkin features

Just saw this today...how long has this been available?

The internet checkin link now gives you 3 option: Checkin, Seat Change and Cancel Checkin.

Now you can change seats after you checkin and decide you want another seat. Available bassinet seats show up on the seatmap...I couldn't choose 31A even though it was available, but its useful for people who want to check which bassinet seats are available and then call up SQ to assign those seats.

Exit row seats also show up as available and marked as exit rows, and I was able to change the exit row seat I was assigned - not sure if this is available to non-elites.

Windowless window seats are also marked - I know a lot of people will like this.

The checkin link also shows all future flights booked on SQ, including other *A flights that I have booked on my RTW.

^
Old Oct 24, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by Savage25
Just saw this today...how long has this been available?
About one month now I believe. ^
Old Oct 24, 2004, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
My last flight was on the 3rd...it wasn't there then.

One good thing about this is that I can now see updated flights for bookings made through my TA and then changed by directly calling SQ. These were not showing in Viewtrip which was a pain.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
This feature is also available to PPS members who have booked award flights on other airlines' FFP on SQ flights. Your PPS number is automatically appended to the reservation when your booking is received on SQ's CRS system. So you may check in as though as a revenue passenger.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
My last flight was on the 3rd...it wasn't there then.
Okay, maybe three weeks ago ... (yes, the day after your flight)
Seriously, I don't remember exactly when it came online.
What I remember is when I checked in for my 5th October flights on the 4th, it was already there. ^
Old Oct 24, 2004, 11:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
This feature is also available to PPS members who have booked award flights on other airlines' FFP on SQ flights. Your PPS number is automatically appended to the reservation when your booking is received on SQ's CRS system. So you may check in as though as a revenue passenger.
Very nice!
Old Oct 24, 2004, 7:20 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the heads up !!!!!!!!!! ^
Old Oct 25, 2004, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Thanks for the heads up Guy Betsy. Does this mean you give your PPS number to UA, AC or whatever when you book an SQ award or do SQ just pick it up from the link with the name?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:26 am

Just wanted to add:
It seems that Internet Check-in is now available to ALL passengers.
No longer have to buy your ticket online or enter your Krisflyer number into the PNR.
There is an option saying "Other Users" or something like that. Click on that and you can just enter your flight details.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by StarG
Just wanted to add:
No longer have to buy your ticket online or enter your Krisflyer number into the PNR.
There is an option saying "Other Users" or something like that. Click on that and you can just enter your flight details.
Sorry.. as I haven't been able to try that. As my PPS number automatically appends to every booking in my name.

Can a non-PPS or Krisflyer member confirm this feature?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 1:16 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Sorry.. as I haven't been able to try that. As my PPS number automatically appends to every booking in my name.

Can a non-PPS or Krisflyer member confirm this feature?
What would happen if anothe person who has the same name as you book an SQ flight?

I'll consider changing my name to "guy betsy"... if I have to fly SQ.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StarG
Just wanted to add:
Clicking on "Other Users" takes you to a page that says:

Please enter the mandatory fields below for our system to locate your booking.

Title:
Given Name:
Family Name:
(One of the following)Booking Reference Number, Ticket Number, Passport Number OR Frequent Flyer Membership Number
Old Nov 7, 2004, 3:46 am

Programs: SK EBS
Hey guys..

Do you know whether the Internet Check in would for me?
I'm flying to Australia next year from Sweden. I fly with SK/SQ.
I fly from Gothenburg on SK to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to
Brisbane via SIN. Since you need to put in your departure city
and Gothenburg isn't listed I would assume I can't use the service.

Would this be a correct assumption to make? Could I select my seats
on the two SQ flights without doing the whole check in procedure?

Any thoughts or info are welcome! Thanks guys!

Chris
Old Nov 7, 2004, 9:17 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by Mogeni
... I fly with SK/SQ.
I fly from Gothenburg on SK to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to
Brisbane via SIN. Since you need to put in your departure city
and Gothenburg isn't listed I would assume I can't use the service.

Would this be a correct assumption to make? Could I select my seats
on the two SQ flights without doing the whole check in procedure?

Chris
I think SQ internet check-in is only for SQ flights. I did MUC-LHR LH LHR-SIN-BKK SQ in the same ticket. I only could do internet check-in the SQ portion only. I had to do the regular check-in for my LH flight and got the BP for LH flight only. LH agent in MUC could not print the BPs for my LHR-SIN-BKK SQ flights. I had to go to the Transfer Desk at LHR T-3.
Based on this experience, you can do internet check-in for FRA-SIN-BNE, but not your SK flight.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 6:51 pm

I tired to check in hkt-sin-lax but couldn't do so. A system message said that I had to check in at the silk air counter to be assigned seats on the day of departure.

Any alternatives for me to get a preferred seat before the flight as I know sq30 codeshares with air India so that by the time I get to Sin and change seats, most of the seats will have been allocated to the air India people already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.