FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flame-Free Q&A Thread on JetBlue : Ask your newbie questions here!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:30 am
Carfield

Earning on UK Flights

As most of frequent flyers know, UK has really extraordinarily high fees especially flying on premium cabins.

My Mint roundtrip flight to London is $2089.27, but base fare is only $443 with fee & taxes at $1646.27.
Will my earning me only on the $443 base fare?
If not, how much of the tax and fee will be counted towards Mosaic qualification?
I am trying to calculate if I need to take another trip to make sure I am qualified for Mosaic next year.

Well since no one has the answer, I called JetBlue.
The agent told me that their system did not allow them to find out how many TrueBlue points on any trip. They don't have any phone number that I can contact.

However she told me that I will only earn points based on the $443 base fares, despite the $1646.27 tax and fee I paid on the ticket. I will definitely refrain from booking JetBlue flights to London in the future. It is just ridiculous that they did not make some exception for this European bound flights for certain fees.

Carfield

Last edited by Carfield; Sep 21, 2022 at 8:56 am Reason: Answering my own question