FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any update on long haul J service?
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:23 pm
zeer0

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flew CGK-TPE-CDG last week.

The short-haul CGK-TPE flight had a very basic meal service, but I was impressed our A330 was one of the retrofitted ones with lie-flat 2-2-2 seating, great for a flight of this length.

I was pleased with the service and food on the long-haul TPE-CDG. I never flew EVA before the pandemic, but it seems to me most of the service has been restored. Dinner was served in individual courses, and almost everything tasted great outside of the strange foie gras/jelly appetizer which I forgot to get a picture of. Beef for the main was still pink inside as I asked them to take it out early. There were also several additional options available only as pre-orders, but none sounded appealing to me. Warm bread was offered including garlic bread.

Breakfast was served on one tray, but that's fine by me to minimize disturbing passengers that are sleeping. The Paris route has a special Veuve Cliquot La Grande Dame Rose on offer instead of the regular champagne, it was delicious! The PDB dragonfruit juice was also great, and they had enough to keep pouring it throughout the flight.

After take-off we were given hard-shelled amenity kits and pajamas which were super comfortable. Overall I was very impressed by both EVAs soft and hard products, the 14-hour flight flew by.

Steak - cooked perfectly.

Desserts and cheese.

Breakfast - frittata. Just ok.

Bonus: CGK-TPE meal. Braised chicken. Just ok.