FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:14 pm
nologic

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Aliquot;[url=tel:34562510
34562510]Things usually go perfectly enough to make these connections, so they may not "cost' as much as you think. This connection would stress me out too, but I would choose it over an extra couple of hours in PHL unless arriving on time was critical.
This is just a tough airport to connect into… It’s probably my least favorite because of the potential distance between gates, especially from domestic to international. But the longest walk is probably 20 minutes or so… Not fun with carry-on bags, etc. but manageable if your plane arrives on time.

But it sounds like AA has probably studied the science of Just in time practices so that checked baggage can make it within these time constraints.

The biggest issue that the airline can’t do anything about and that makes the whole thing a big risk is that this kind of connection requires an on-time arrival. That’s a crapshoot.