FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Sad State of Fairfield Inn Breakfast
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:12 pm
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I've occasionally heated up leftovers or a microwaveable meal and of course the popcorn RI's had, but what all do you "cook" in these hotels? I can see in a vrbo rental, etc., but honestly I can't imagine "cooking" a full meal in a RI.
Summer of 2021 we stayed at the RI Myrtle Beach, SC. We had treated my sister-in-law and my twin nieces to a week at the beach. They don't like to dine out very often, so we cooked most of our dinners in the rooms. Menu included Taco's with chicken, peppers and onions; Pasta Primavera w/Shrimp, Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, etc. It helped to have two adjacent rooms so we could use the 2 burner stoves in both rooms (no ovens). Took a bit of juggling but we got it done and had nice meals. Since I knew we would be cooking more, I did bring some better cookware with me from home for this trip.

Even when we are traveling on our own, I may still cook a dinner or two in the room. Did that for a couple of stays at the RI Bethany Beach, DE. It is nice to have the option and the RI kitchens are workable for that purpose. RI's with grills are even better. Opens up even more options. Granted if I am at a timeshare or other property with a larger kitchen (4 burner stove and oven), I will probably cook even more since it is more conducive.

--Jon