FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA winter 2022 schedule is announced
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:04 pm
Cometstar

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Torode
Yes, in the change of flight email I got, they had already put me on NH174, and I just needed to confirm via the website. When I asked for a booking on Nov. 22 instead of Nov. 23 (since NH114 still operates on Nov. 22), I was adamant that I wanted them to retain the NH174 booking until it was guaranteed that the NH114 on Nov. 22 was doable. I did not want to relinquish NH174 and just to be in waitlist limbo, and they were receptive. It took around 40 minutes to get a call back saying that they could "adjust" the quota of award space available and give me NH114. Mind you, this was Japanese business hours and done over the phone in Japanese, maybe that helped. I also told them I'd be out 120,000 yen on a non-refundable connecting flight if they refused.
That's good to know! I had to be on the waitlist to be moved from an NRT to HND flight which did eventually happen (so happy it did, kind of surprised honestly) and called back to see if the date could be moved due to my connecting flight. This was during US hours and they were not able to keep my confirmed flight while also waitlist me for an earlier date. Instead, I will try to get them to open up award space on a later connecting flight that currently is waitlist only. I wonder if my call would have gone differently if I called in the evening and spoke with someone in Japan.

As a DP, I had JFK-HND in F and return NRT - JFK in J which got cancelled and they were able to find my J space on HND-JFK return. Now here's to hoping Japan will open up a bit more to tourists!