FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class first being discontinued? [Twitter / travel blog reports]
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:54 pm
CLTRob

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Originally Posted by tomj888
This is supposed to happen as A321XLR's come on board in 2024. I happen to enjoy the extra space and less crowded cabin. I've had the privilege of flying F TATL on the 773. I'm seldom expect haute cuisine from any airline. Turkish is the outlier there. Amazing food. But their hard product is dated for sure. At 6'3" size 14 shoe many of the new PODS have small footwells. Again the exception in this case is JAL with their ottoman foot wells (777's). So I will miss the extra space. Maybe AA's upcoming hard product will offer something like Jet Blue, where Row1 will be/have a much bigger footprint. I'll bet
AA could monetize too. I'd pay for a bigger space for sure. Would you?
If I remember correctly, UA’s A321 XLR’s will offer 1 x 1 business, 2 x 2 premium economy, and 3 x 3 economy plus and economy. Does anyone know if AA will be doing something similar? As someone who flies solo the majority of the time, a 2 x 2 business doesn’t work for me on a red-eye transcon or an international flight.