FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:59 am
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Unfortunately, 37 minutes is a "legal" connection. AA seems to be offering many of these connections that require everything to go absolutely perfectly for people to make their flights. I would think having so many misconnects would cause them problems and money, but apparently either that is incorrect or the people who come up with these don't speak to the areas that have to deal with the misconnects. Either way, a "legal" connection doesn't make it a "sensible" connection. I truly hope it all works out for you, but definitely have backup plans ready in case they don't.
Totally agree on the backup plan front and proactively monitoring the two segments.

What I’ve noticed this year in particular is that they will hold flights a tad (one a day or last flights out) to allow for connecting passengers to make connections.

I’m usually fine with tight connections (currently on a 48 minute connection at LAX that will probably come down to the wire), but this one is a bit much for me! Good luck.