FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 1:47 pm
GNRMatt

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by bzcat
My exact routing is bookable on AA.com too with 37 min connection. In fact, it is the first choice. I thought maybe the bot joined some illegal hidden city pair to get this routing with short connection time but evidently it is just a regular published AA schedule.
Unfortunately, 37 minutes is a "legal" connection. AA seems to be offering many of these connections that require everything to go absolutely perfectly for people to make their flights. I would think having so many misconnects would cause them problems and money, but apparently either that is incorrect or the people who come up with these don't speak to the areas that have to deal with the misconnects. Either way, a "legal" connection doesn't make it a "sensible" connection. I truly hope it all works out for you, but definitely have backup plans ready in case they don't.