FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:47 pm
jljones78

Programs: AA EXP | UA PLT
Stopped by the ORD FL yesterday. Piper-Heidsieck offered at the door. Staff was very friendly as usual. This lounge has always sort of struck me as the most similar to a good AC, whereas (IMO) DFW and MIA are clearly a step above.

The food selection was pretty abysmal -- sad looking/tasting Italian beef sliders, heirloom cauliflower, mashed sweet potatoes, some salads, charcuterie and gas station-looking sushi (Philadelphia rolls and veggie rolls). Maybe I missed the more substantial entrees as I got there late and there was only the ORD LHR 9:15p left. They had a menu up that looked pretty good, but none of that food was out at 7:30p, which seemed odd. There were stations set up with sweets all over the lounge, but that's not really my thing.

Besides the Piper they had a mid-range dry German Riesling from the Mosel, an Italian still rose, and Italian chardonnay, and Round Pond Sauvignon Blanc for the white/pink offerings. For the reds they had a 2019 Vietti Perbacco Nebbiolo that's nice but too young for my taste, 2018/2019 Textbook Cabernet which was fine, and a Pinot Noir I can't recall. With all the Italian wines I felt like I was flying TATL with a Bobby Stuckey list circa 2017. I poured tasters of all these but didn't finish any, as I preferred the Piper over everything at the bar. The retail price range of these wines was probably $15-30, so the Piper really stands out in that regard. There was a large selection of spirits and plenty of beers, including a couple of local brews.

AA isn't flying much international these days out of ORD, and it seems like it's showing at this FL.