FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IROPS "IRROPS" - OSO, Weather, etc. Affecting AA Flyers (master thread)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:18 am
flyertalker0013223

Rerouting in case of SNAFU?

Hello everybody, AA newbie here and OW Sapphire (from BA).

I am planning a long-awaited trip to the US this October for my birthday, and am trying to cover as many bases as possible in case IRROPS create problems. I wouldn't want to find myself in a nightmare situation unprepared. My itinerary is as follows: DUB-CLT-LGA on AA on 15 October (Business). Then on 16th, I fly LGA-MSY with DL, and on 19th I am flying MSY-DFW-ORD (Y), before flying back to Europe on the 24th from ORD, also in Business. These are the questions:
  1. In case my DUB-CLT flight is delayed/canceled and/or CLT-LGA canceled, can I ask AA to reroute me to MSY instead, either on the 15th or the 16th? (NB: as I am flying from the EU, AA is subject to EC261/2004, which comes with additional protections, and AA would have to cover e.g. my hotel in CLT if I were delayed/missed connection, even in case of bad weather.) I wouldn't be bothered if I lost the money I paid to DL.
  2. In case my bag gets delayed at some point, can I have it shipped directly to Chicago, or is it destined to be stuck in LGA?
I know it is a weird itinerary, but I am looking forward to seeing old friends. I appreciate it is a hypothetical scenario, and I hope it stays that way, but again, I just want to be prepared for any eventuality.