FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Merged] Thai Airways Refund Questions
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:01 am
valleywatch

Programs: royal orchid star alliance
My take on the refund scheme.

I booked a ticket in March 2020 for a flight with Thai Air LHR-BKK for September 2020 until December 2020.

Of course! It was cancelled...I sent numerous e-mails to Thai, (asking for a refund),never getting any reply.

Towards the end of last year, I "only" sent one e-mail a month..again no reply!

Fast forward to May of 2022, I sent another e-mail to Thai, (expecting no reply) asking for a refund..Imagine my surprise, the next day, I received an e-mail from Thai (London) saying I couldnt have a refund? But I could have a "credit" flight? I asked how I went about getting this "credit" flight? Just reply to this e-mail with the dates you want , was their answer. This I did..And within maybe 20 minutes, I received an e-mail from them, with my flight booked for this September 2022 until December 2022.

I booked in economy. No extra charge was asked for or paid...SO I was quite happy, as id "written off" me ever getting a single penny back from Thai!

Ive also booked to go to Thailand with Swiss air (January to April 2023 in business class).

I did promise myself, Id never fly thai again though...I did used to like the A380 flight to BKK from LHR. IF they re-instate the A380 I may consider flying them again...Who knows though!!