FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA’s Premium Economy soft product losing its competitive edge
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:12 pm
aahch

Just returned from YYZ in BA Premium Economy, a route and class I’ve flown many times pre-pandemic and was grossly underwhelmed.

it was a short midweek trip and at ~£2900 not quite a modest cost increase.

hard product was same as (B788 so fairly new), food was terrible and worse than pre-pandemic. Inelegant, with some products wrong (for me) for a pre-sleep meal. Breakfast … and hat is that 🤷🏼‍♂️ A thimble full of tea and some form of bread and protein that even the CC suggested I didn’t eat.

Service was mixed too. The CC were typically engaging and friendly, but it took over two hours to get the food out and that left insufficient time for me to get any rest so I ate a few mouthfuls and grabbed some rest. The lights went on like disco closing time, long before they did in J who got to rest a lot longer.

All in all pretty galling for a ticket cost greater than many J tickets and to cap it off we arrived late, BA cancelled by connection offering me 13 hours at LHR Before the next flight (it got sorted, but by luck and fabulous gate staff!).

PE isn’t the new norm for business travel as I’m in no rush to repeat this again I’m afraid.